Dharma Treasure Buddhist Sangha
The vision of Dharma Treasure is a humane, balanced, global community of compassionate and awakened individuals.
The mission of Dharma Treasure is to offer understanding, realization, and embodiment of the teachings of the Buddha integrated with a modern, progressive scientific perspective.
Welcome! We are a community of people interested in Buddhism and meditation. We regularly meet to learn about the Dharma and meditate under our teacher, Upasaka Culadasa. Our group is centered in Tucson, AZ, USA, but we have many members from all over the world who attend retreats with us and follow along online.
What students appreciate most about Culadasa is the incredible clarity, detail, and depth of knowledge that he brings to teaching meditation and Buddhism. This website is the exclusive home to the vast audio archive of his Dharma talks and discussions. All are free for you to download or stream. Also available elsewhere on the site is the latest information about Culadasa’s schedule, including retreats, weekly teachings, and other events in the Dharma Treasure community.
Culadasa’s Comprehensive Guide to Meditation
A note from Culadasa about The Mind Illuminated
Dear Dharma Friends,
I am delighted to report that the book has been big hit with the meditation community world wide. It will soon be released in the U.K., Germany, Korea & Spain as well. I thank you especially for your support.
The book is receiving accolades with over 200 five star reviews on Amazon; there are active discussions on Reddit and other online communities. I sincerely hope you personally find The Mind Illuminated useful.
Special thanks to my co-authors Matthew and Jeremy. We wrote and rewrote every chapter many times, striving for maximum clarity and usefulness, and found creative ways to graphically illustrate both subtle inner experiences and abstract ideas.
In joy and service,
Feel free to check out what else Dharma Treasure has to offer:
- Add yourself to our email list or become a member to make sure you are the first to know when Culadasa’s new book, The Mind Illuminated: A Complete Meditation Guide Using Buddhist Wisdom and Brain Science, becomes available.
- For a quick read, here are some short excerpts of Culadasa’s teachings in the from of a Q&A.
- Listen to Culadasa teach meditation at the Sit, Breath, Wake Up! teaching retreat, or hear his teachings on Buddhism at the What the Buddha Thought teaching retreat.
- Sit down, get comfortable, and listen to a guided meditation.
- Are you in the Tucson area? Look at Dharma Treasure’s regular weekly teaching and meditation calendar, and come join us!
- Plan to attend one of Culadasa’s meditation retreats.
- If you prefer reading to listening, there’s a Meditation Manual for experienced meditators, or you can look at the Beginning Meditation Handout.
- Into mindfulness? So are we! Listen to the Magic of Mindfulness teaching retreat.
- Keep an eye out for Culadasa’s next book on a contemporary and engaged Dharma for a global society.