I am delighted to introduce you to the Dharma Treasure Authorized Teachers and Teachers-in-Training, who are available to answer your questions about meditation and dharma practice.
These teachers are currently online at the Dharma Treasure on-line community, leading retreats and meditation & dharma offerings in various locations. Several are currently teaching at Tucson Community Meditation Center (see calendar here). Two of them are co-authors of the The Mind Illuminated.
Click on a Teacher’s name for more information about activities they are offering, and to contact them.
- Christine Allen, Winchester, MA
- Blake Barton, Tucson, Arizona
- Chloë Bregman, San Francisco, CA
- Lesley Blaker, Farnham, Surry, U.K.
- Nick Cavanaugh, Burlington, VT
- Robin Craig, Arizona, USA
- Dr. John Darwin, Sheffield, England
- Salina Diioro, Takoma Park, MD
- Terry Dushenko, Hermosa Beach, CA
- Michael Dunn, SE Arizona
- Paulin Elley, Paris, France
- Jesse Fallon, Cape Ann, MA
- Jaki Fisher, Singapore & Australia
- Roberta Funck, Ven. Kunga, Arizona, USA
- Chris Gagné, Upasaka Nandaka, San Francisco, CA
- Ivan Ganza, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Josh Geller, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Anna Geller, San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Jeremy Graves, Los Angeles, CA
- Nick Grabovac, Vancouver, BC, Canada – Offers several online programs
- Babette Haemmerle, Berlin, Germany
- Nick Hay, San Francisco, CA
- Jordan Hill, Arizona, USA
- Mary Hill, Portland, OR
- Matthew Immergut, Woodstock, NY and Purchase, NY
- Tom Kennedy, Bellbowrie, Australia
- Jon Krop, Brooklyn, NY
- Andrea Lemon, Brattleboro, Vermont
- Ted Lemon, Brattleboro, Vermont
- Chukyi Annie Lindsey, Brattleboro, Vermont
- Darin McFadyen, California, USA
- Brett Monzel, San Francisco, CA
- Terry Moody, Oregon, USA
- Meshe Mooette, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Jasen Murray, Oakland, CA
- Henrik Norberg, Berkeley CA
- Angelica Ortiz, Chicago, IL
- JJ Peltier, Paris, France
- Paul Peterson, Chattanooga, TN
- Dr. Mark Pirtle, Tucson, AZ
- Judith Ring, Massachusetts, USA
- David Schultz, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Jessica Seacrest, Tucson, AZ
- Eve Smith, Brooklyn, NY
- Terje Sparby, Berlin, Germany
- Candace Strange, Cincinatti, OH
- Douglas Tataryn, PhD – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Emyo Seien Darlene Tataryn, PhD – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Hoji Alexandra Tataryn, Vancouver, BC Canada
- Nick Van Kleeck, Arizona, USA
- Colleen Vaughn, Knoxville, TN
- Cliff Wallshein, New York, NY
- Jordan Wiley-Hill, Tucson, AZ
- Jeffrey Woolley, Glendale AZ
This select group has been participating in an on-going program of intensive study. They are all dedicated practitioners. Most have experience in other traditions, and some were already teaching before being invited to join the Dharma Treasure Teacher Training program.
These are experienced meditators who are knowledgeable in the samatha-vipassana (tranquility and insight) method at the core of our Dharma Treasure tradition. You can feel completely confident asking these teachers specific questions about your own meditation practice, as well as general questions about meditation. Many are also knowledgeable in the Dharma, and some are quite accomplished. If one doesn’t feel capable of responding to a particular question, they can call on me and their peers for assistance in helping you.
I invite you to take full advantage of the collective wisdom and experience this dedicated group of people has to offer.
In Joy & Service,
[If you’d like to apply for the next round of the teacher training, the application period is open now and closes on August 20, 2016. Follow this link for more information.]
Dr. Mark Pirtle – Tucson, Arizona, USA
Dr. Mark Pirtle is a pioneer in integral thinking in stress relief and recovery. He is a clinician, author, public speaker, filmmaker, and true “innerpreneur.” He connects the dots between science, wellness, and spirituality. Pirtle tirelessly updates his understanding of the latest science to help others change and heal. Combining the disciplines of neuroscience, living systems theory, and mindfulness meditation, he developed an evidence-based program for people suffering from stress-related conditions called SkillfullyAware®.
Mark teaches meditation and mindfulness to empower his clients to work through stress-related patterns including depression, anxiety, addictions, chronic pain and more. Mark is currently producing a full-length documentary—Is Your Story Making You Sick?—scheduled for theatrical release in the fall of 2018.
Matthew Immergut – Purchase, NY and Woodstock NY
Matthew Immergut, PhD. works as a professor of sociology at Purchase College, SUNY. He is also the second author of The Mind Illuminated and a long time student of Culadasa.
Jeffery Woolley – Glendale, Arizona
Jeff has been formally practicing mindfulness meditation since the mid 1980’s. He became a student of Samatha Vapasana and
Upasaka Culadasa in 2009. A graduate of Boston University, he has been a clinical social worker for over 30 years. He also enjoys the art of Aikido. He is currently working full time as a psychotherapist and teaching two mindfulness graduate courses at ASU School of Social Work. In addition, he facilitates a mindfulness support sitting group at Jiyshinryu Akido. He is happily married and blessed with four grown children and two grandchildren.
Mary Hill – Portland, Oregon
Mary has organized a sangha in Portland for The Mind Illuminated which meets every other Tuesday 6:30 to 8:00 pm. For more information on joining the sangha, please contact her.
Emyo Seien Darlene Tataryn, PhD – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Douglas J. Tataryn, PhD – Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Lesley Blaker – Farnham, Surrey, UK
Angelica Ortiz – Chicago, IL
Dr. John Darwin – Sheffield, England
Josh Geller – San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Meshe Mooette – Vancouver, BC, Canada
My intention for the past decade has been geared towards the practice and realization of shamatha and vipassana. Towards that end, I have spent many, many hours meditating, studying madhyamaka philosophy and infusing my life with the activities of a Bodhisattva. My partner is a dharma teacher whose grace has transformed my life. We both love the dharma and music. Douglas Veenhof is another teacher; for the last 6 years I have organized the retreats which he leads in Vancouver. His teachings on Shamatha and Vipassana were an answer to my prayers, I am deeply grateful, and trust his guidance. The specific, on-going training that I receive through Culadasa’s MTT has been invaluable in clarifying the stages of meditation and has revealed a vast network of fellow meditators, who provide companionship and laughter.
I mention all of this because it is relevant to how I feel information is best transmitted; heart to heart, from teacher to student with direct contact. It is my wish now to share the fortune and benefit of studying with these great teachers. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone to arrange a mentoring session.