Please join us for one or both of these events:
February 28 – March 2
April 4 – 6
(Both weekends include Friday & Saturday nights & Sunday meditation)
• The forest in Cochise Stronghold Canyon is very precious but unhealthy. Fire suppression for centuries has led to dangerous, dense understory with crowded stands of small trees.
• Fires in the west are increasing in frequency and intensity. Help protect this precious jewel through the practice of mindful forest management.
• Cochise Stronghold Retreat Center is the home of Dharma Treasure and a tremendous diversity of wildlife.
• In addition to orchestrated work teams, there will be FUN activities and delicious food!
• Your overnights are free!
• Participate in the Sunday meditation and Culadasa’s Dharma talk.
SAVE THE DATE!
There is limited overnight space so please sign up now by contacting:
Enjoy your sangha and celebrate the forest
Schedule and details for both weekends:
• Arrive in early evening and enjoy a delicious hot soup!
• Dinner with music
• Group fun and games
• Early morning trip to view the Sand hill Cranes (a short distance away)
• Breakfast and orientation to the Healthy Forest Project
• Morning forest blessing and daylong work parties
• Lunch and dinner ’round the campfire
• Evening activities: hot tub/stargazing/meditation/poetry
• 10:00 a.m. meditation and Dharma talk with Culadasa
• Leftover lunch and departure
Healthy Forest work is rough work!
It is imperative that you come prepared!
What to bring:
• Boots and heavy socks (no sandals)
• Sturdy work gloves
• Tough old long sleeved shirt(s)
• Heavy long pants (no shorts or cutoffs)! Denim is best.
• Hint: Fleece is not advised. It attracts hard-to-remove seeds and stickers!!!
• Warm, protective hat
• Protective eye gear is highly recommended
• Warm clothing for early morning Crane watching and evening star gazing
• Hint: temperatures could be very cold
• Alarm clock
• Towel/washcloth/toiletries, etc.
• Friday night – hot soup when you arrive
• Breakfast and lunch Saturday will be provided
• Saturday night potluck. Bring what will appeal to you after a good day’s work
• Sunday leftovers for lunch